This post is based on my field study that I did conduct last three months for the year 2014. You may seem not to approve some of this idea, but please correct me if I am wrong. Most of the things contain here were based on my own opinion. I am very welcome to some ideas that you may share on this subject matter. Thank you and hope it will be a help for those people in search for the same studies.
My Enriching Activities
If you are to design a curriculum for your own school, what are the things you need to consider? Accomplish the graphic organizer below.
- Why do we need to consider the traditional and progressive points of view of curriculum?
- As a part in learning, we need to consider tradition and progressive point of view of curriculum since it is being used mostly inside the school. If we are going to observe a certain class identifying what can kind of teaching a teacher’s act, we can easily determined what kind of curriculum he/she is using. Through this, we can easily understand the meaning of this two, and upon applying this, we can easily tell which is more effective in student’s learning.
- How do the different educational philosophies relate to the curriculum in the schools you visited? Cite examples /situations?
- The educational philosophy is a very important in the curriculum in the schools because it gives guide for the curriculum of the school to follow. Without a philosophy seems to be like an empty shell. These philosophies become the “window” to the world and “compass” in life. These can be determined as the blue print of a certain teacher or in the curriculum as a whole in the school.
- Why is there a need to revise the curriculum from time to time?
- There is a need to revise the curriculum from time to time because society’s values and needs change over time. In the fast movement of the world today, every interest of every child is shifting or evolving as the times moves. The need of our society is becoming more demanding more than the previous years. Let site an example, during the 1950s, there was lot more emphasis on the home economics and industrial arts type of things, more emphasis on simply memorizing facts and rules. Nowadays, with technology shifts, and an economy that is base on different skills, if we had the same curriculum, it would be a catastrophe. Curricula have changed to meet the different needs that we have now.
My Reflections /My Insights